AbeBooks is a global online marketplace for thousands of booksellers worldwide; we do not own books ourselves but we do provide booksellers and book buyers the means to interact with each other. AbeBooks makes it simple and safe to find and buy-or list and sell-new, used, rare, and out-of-print books online. This great selection delivers value for all: readers find bestsellers, collectors find rare books, students find textbooks, and treasure hunters find those books they have long been hunting for. By creating a secure and easy-to-search database and maintaining high standards, AbeBooks has established a dynamic online marketplace for books, and a community that booklovers return to, again and again.
To use the wide range of options we offer, it is necessary to complete a one-time registration and open a free buyer account. Simply click here and fill in all the details under "Create a New Account".
Finding your favourite books is as easy as 1-2-3
- Use the search box on our homepage or the Advanced searchto find the books you are looking for. You can search for books using the author, title, ISBN and much more. Click here for more information on searching.
- Ensure that you are signed onto your account so you can save your search preferences and add books to your basket. Click here if you cannot sign onto your account
- If you are unable to find the book you are looking for, you can create a free Want in your AbeBooks account. We will then email you as soon as the book becomes available.
- If you have any questions about any book online or would like further information, you can contact the bookseller directly by using the [Ask Bookseller a Question] link in the searchresults. The AbeBooks Glossary, can also help you to clarify the book-related terms booksellers may use in their descriptions.
- You can buy with confidence from thousands of professional booksellers worldwide. Our Bookseller Ratings are based on the bookseller’s order performance. Booksellers with a high star rating have fewer returns and fewer cancelled orders.
- Our external payment service provider accepts and processes all orders paid via Visa, MasterCard, American Express & JCB on behalf of our booksellers, so you can be assured that your card details are secure. Many booksellers also accept other payment methods such as cheque and PayPal among others ensuring that you can find a payment method that is right for you.
- Our member booksellers set their own shipping rates and speeds. You can compare their shipping rates in the search results to find the most competitive rates.
- Your order is shipped directly from the bookseller you. If you ordered books from more than one bookseller, you may receive your orders at different times depending on where each bookseller is located.
- You can contact the bookseller if you have a question regarding your order or you can use the tracking information in your account to check the status of your order.
- We guarantee your satisfaction when ordering on AbeBooks. In the unlikely event that you do not receive your order, you are entitled to a full refund. If you are not happy with your order, you can return it to the bookseller within 30 days for a refund. If an error is made with your order by the bookseller, you are of course entitled to a full refund including the return postage equal to the original shipping amount that was charged.