Placing an order on AbeBooks is easy and safe.Please see below for step-by-step instructions:
- Once you have performed a search for the item you would like to purchase click on the [Add to Basket] button on the right-hand side of the page
- If you wish to continue shopping you can easily do so by clicking on the [AbeBooks Home] button at the bottom of the page
- If you are on the search page and wish to view your shopping basket, you can click on the basket symbol at the top of the page
- Once in your shopping basket you can [Proceed to Checkout]. After you proceed to checkout you will be requested to enter your Payment Details
- From the Payment Method drop-down menu you are given several options. However, if you are ordering several items from various booksellers, then options provided will be those payment methods which all booksellers accept . For more information on payment methods please click here
- After you have selected a payment method you will be asked to enter your shipping address. If you wish to ship to an address other than your billing address, you can change the address at this stage
Please note: If you have selected a preferred shipping address you will skip this step. You can edit your address on the order summary page. For more information about managing your shipping address please click here.
- You will be then be presented with your order summary. Please check the details carefully. If you would like to update either the shipping address or the payment type simply click [Edit] next to the information you would like to edit. If you would like to change the shipping speed, you can do this from the drop down menu.
Tip: If you would like to remove an item at this stage, please click on the shopping basket icon at the top right of the page. You will then be able to add or remove any books.
- When you have reviewed the details, confirmed your payment method, and ensured that your shipping address is correct you can click on [Place Order Now]
You will be redirected to a page thanking you for your order and an email confirming that your order has been successfully placed will be sent to you
Note: When using a credit card to pay for your order you are not automatically charged. Instead, your details are stored on our secure server until the bookseller processes your order; this is a maximum of up to 4 days. Please be assured that your card details are not shared with any third party.
Your credit card is only charged when the bookseller updates your order and marks it as Shipped. Each bookseller's portion of an order is charged separately so there can be multiple transactions for one order depending on how many booksellers you are ordering from. You can view the status of your orders in your account by clicking View My Orders.
If you have chosen a payment method other than credit card, the bookseller should contact you to arrange payment. The final status update in your AbeBooks order details will be Availability Confirmed.
If you have an AbeBooks voucher, please click here for instructions on how to redeem it.
For further information: