Occasionally, you may need to cancel your order after you have placed it online. You can cancel your order before the bookseller has indicated that the book has been shipped.
To cancel your order:
1. [Sign On] to your AbeBooks.co.uk account
2. Select [View My Orders] under My Orders in your Members Menu
3. Click on the link [Item Details] next to the order that you wish to cancel
4. Here you can cancel the order. Ensure that you click [Cancel] then [Verify]
If the status is ‘Shipped’ you may be able to contact the bookseller before they ship the book. If the status of the order is ‘Shipped’ or ‘Availability Confirmed’ you will no longer be able to cancel the order via your AbeBooks account.
Tip: If the status of the order is ‘Availability Confirmed’ and you have not paid for the order the seller is unlikely to have shipped the book to you. Simply let the bookseller know that you wish to cancel.
1. Click the [Item details] button located to the right of the item
2. Click the [Ask a Question] button
3. On the Book Inquiry page:
• Ensure your email address in the From text box is correct
• Enter the subject of your inquiry
• Type your question to the bookseller
4. Click the [Inquire About This Book] button
An email is sent to the bookseller on your behalf, and a copy is saved in your AbeBooks online account.