What does 'Credit Card Rejected' mean?
On occasions you may find that your order has been cancelled due to the reason 'Credit Card Rejected'. This means that the credit card transaction was declined.
After a credit card transaction is declined the book is returned to the search results and we kindly ask that you place your order again. We are unfortunately unable to reinstate orders.
There are several possible reasons as to why a credit card transaction can be cancelled.
- During the transfer of funds, there was an Internet connection problem
- Your bank or credit card company was having technical issues
- The company that processes credit cards on our behalf was having technical issues
- The credit card number or the expiry date you provided us was incorrect - card expired
- You have multiple AbeBooks accounts. AbeBooks.com orders can be seen as foreign transactions by your credit card company and therefore cancelled
- The order value was high. Your credit card company may have stopped the transaction if you do not usually make high value purchase. If you intend to purchase a high value order it would advisable to notify your credit company before placing the order
- You reside in a country where credit card security codes are mandatory for all transactions
We kindly ask that you check your credit card details in your AbeBooks account, to ensure that these are correct.
Once you have checked the details, we kindly invite you to click here in order to search for the book again on AbeBooks.
Please note that it can take up to 24 hours for a book to be relisted. If the book is no longer available you may wish to add a Want.
How can I update my credit card?
In order to update your credit card details, please sign on to your AbeBooks account.
- [Sign On] to your AbeBooks.co.uk account
- Click [Manage My Credit Cards] under My Information on your Members Menu
- Choose your card type from the [Select Credit Card] drop down menu
Now you can edit the information or if you need to add a new card, delete the previous one stored.