We are sorry that you are having difficulty signing on to your account.
Below you can find information if you have.
1. Forgot your password?
2. Experienced problems with your e-mail address or password?
We would also like to remind you that you must not write your passwords in your emails when you contact us.
1. Did you forget your password?
If you do not remember your password, you will need to reset it, please follow the next steps:
- Click the [Forgot Your Password] button
- We will then send an email to the address you provided. This email will provide a link to a secure password reset page.
- Simply click the link or copy/paste it into your browser's address bar to create a new password and log into your AbeBooks account.
If you did not receive the email, please check your Spam or Junk mail folders. Please note that the link in the email expires after 2 hours, and you will then need to click the [Forgot Your Password] button again.
When creating your new password, please keep the following rules in mind:
- Your password must contain at least 8 characters and include no spaces or single quotes
- Your password must include at least 1 lower case letter (a–z)
- Your password can not be the same as your email address
- Your password can not be the same as your previous AbeBooks password
2. Problems with your email address or password?
AbeBooks operates several regional websites and therefore it necessary to sign on at the website where you originally registered your account. For example if you registered on AbeBooks.co.uk you cannot sign on at AbeBooks.com .
Also, because both the email address and your password fields are case-sensitive; please ensure that the CAPS LOCK is not activated on your keyboard when you are attempting to sign on.
If you continue to experience difficulty please check the following:
To enable browser Cookies:
For Mozilla Firefox
For Mozilla Firefox
If you have a Firewall and/or Anti-Virus software installed on your PC you may need to adjust the privacy control. The option for enabling web browser privacy needs to be switched off. Should you need assistance, we have provided links below to major providers.
As some providers do charge for technical assistance, please check for charges before requesting support: