You can request a return for any order made through AbeBooks. In fairness to the bookseller, please return the book as soon as you receive it.
To initiate a return for a book:
1. [Sign On] to your AbeBooks.co.uk account
2. Select [View My Orders] under My Orders on your Members Menu
3. In the list of orders that appears, find the book for which you would like to initiate a return and click [Request Return/Refund]
4. Select reason ‘buyer does not want item’ from the drop-down list
5. Add any additional comments. These comments are displayed to the bookseller
6. Click [Initiate Return/Refund]
Please note a refund can only be initiated up to 30 days after the estimated delivery date.
Should you need to cancel the refund, this can be done as long as the order has the status "Return Initiated". Simply sign on to your AbeBooks.co.uk account and follow the above instructions to cancel your refund.
When you send a book back to the bookseller, we recommend you use a traceable means of shipment. If the bookseller does not receive the book back, the refund is cancelled. To insert tracking information on your book return:
1. Select [View My Orders] under My Orders in your Members Menu
2. In the list of orders that appears, find the book return for which you would like to insert a tracking number and select to update return
3. Insert the Shipping Company, Tracking number and Shipment Date in the boxes provided
5. Click [Save]
Once the bookseller receives the book back, they will update the return online and AbeBooks will refund you. If the bookseller does not update the return, you will be automatically refunded 28 days after requesting it for a national return or 77 days for an international return.